Located between 21 24 N and 93 ‘55’ E in Kanpet let, Mindut and Matupi Townships of Chin State.
279 square miles.
3. Year of Establishment
Esytablished in 1994.
Yangon to Bagan-Nyaung Oo, 320 miles by flight by car, Chauk via Seikpyu to Hsaw to Kan pet- let, 12 miles by car or Hsaw to Mindut , 42 miles by car.
- To conserve the watershed areas of Lemro river, Myitha river, Saw Chaung ,Maw Chaung , Salin Chaung Yow Chaung , Mon Chaung ,etc.
- To conserve the scenic beauty of natural forests.
- To conserve Mountain Ecosystem and prohibit illicit hunting
- To preserve 5 species of rare birds which can be found only in Myanmar , other native and migratory birds their habitats .
- To preserve rare species of Myanmar Orchids.
- To educate local people to shift from practising shifting cultivation to cultivating perennial plants and trees.
- To promote and upgrade the park as ecotourism attraction.
- To attract tourists with water rafting and rapid shooting during the rainy season while the river flow is rapid.
6. Forest/Vegetative Types
- Hill Evergreen Forests
- moist Upper Mixed Deciduous Forests
- Pine Forests ( above 9000 feet )
- Hill Savannah
Mammals such as tiger , bear wild board , leopard , goar , serow, gibbon, etc. and 159 bird species, reptiles and butterfly are present.
8. Conservation, Development and Research Programmes
- Educating and prohibiting of shifting cultivation in the protected areas.
- Inventory of forest flora.
- Study and research on bird species and their natural habitats.
- Establiment of modern Forest Village with the assistance of rural people to initiate a permanent Taungya planing system with perennial plants.
- Conducting a filed survey and inventory to promote and upgrade the park for ecotourism industry.
9. Opportunities for Study and Recreation
- Recreation and viewing of the natural mountain scenery.
- Visiting the third highest Mountain in Myanmar which is (10018) feet high, and hiking a distance of 15 miles from the old Kan-pet-let city , or driving 10 miles by car from Kan-pet-city and hiking another 5 miles to the mountain.
- Observation of 159 bird species including 5 indigenous species and also Blyth’s Tragopan , a very rare species.
- Paticipation in organized Orchid Tours where the most attractive Myanmar Orchids exist.
- Observing the traditional and cultural eritage of Chin people and their living systems.
- Observing the natural forest and trees, especially Rhododendron arboreum .
- Accommodation for 5 persons guest house.