Located betten 22 ‘O’ N and 96 ‘30’ E in Pyin Oo Lwin Town of Mandalay Division.
3. Year of Establishment
Established in 1915,
- Yangon via Mandalay to Pyin Oo Lwin,472 mile by car.
- Yangon to Mandalay , 400 miles by air and Mandalay to Pyin Oo Lwin, 42 miles by car.
- To serve as a recreation center for the public.
- To carry out educational activities related to conservation of trees and forests so that people will become interested and appreciate the vales of tree and flowers.
- To assist botanists and researchers with their studies.
- To collect and reproduce rare and endangered plant species for their perpetual existence, conduct research activities and assist the development of ecotourism industry.
6. Forest / Vegatative Types
- Forest trees (big species) : about 344 species.Total number of trees : about 5000.
- Indigenous orchids : 42 species.
- Rose : 25 species.
- Crinun amoenum (land lily) : 6 species
- Natural Forest Area : 42 acres
Inland indigenous birds (resident forest birds ), reptiles , small mammal species and insects are present .
8. Conservation, Development and Research Programmes
- Conservstion of tree already planted.
- Additional planting of tree species which are ecologrcally adaptable .
- Maintenance and improvement of completed land scaping activities with advanced technology.
- Implementation of educational programmes in environment and nature conservation.
9. Opportunities for Study and Recreation
- Study and research activities relating to Botany.
- Rest and recreation.