Located between 28 ‘05’ N and 97 ’44’ E in Naungmung Township of Kachin State.
1,472 square miles.
3. Year of Establishment
Established in 1996
Yangon to Myitkyina to Putao, 218miles, and Putato to Naungmung, 35 miles by car.
- To conserve natural forests and wildlife in the northen part of Myanmar .
- To establish and maintain park of high-quality and up to the standard of modern environmental coservation polices.
- To promote the present status to an ecotourism industry of high standard on Kakaborazi,the highest mountain in Myanmar with 29.698 feet in height and other significantly beautiful scenery.
- To conserve watersheds in the area where the Ayeyawady River originates.
- To carry out development activities for Himalayan Mountain Region in cooperation with the international organizations.
6. Forest / Vegatable Types
- Evergreen Forests
- Hill Pine Forests
- Moist Upper Mixed Deciduous Forests
In addition to rare species such as Takin , Musk Deer, Blue Sheep, Black Barking Deer, Phet Gyi (Muntiaus putaoensis), mammal species and insects such as butterflies are present.
8. Conservation, Development and Research Programmes
- Effective prohibitory actions against poaching and illegal trade of rare species.
- Conducting filed studies to reveal new plant and animal species.
- Conducting necessary filed studies to promote and implement an ecotourism industry of high standard.
- Conservation of traditional culture, custom and way of local indigenous people.
9. Opportunities for Study and Recreation
- Climbing snow-capped mountains.
- Study environmental situations occurring at the Ayeyawady River.
- Enjoyment of beautiful natural features.
- Exploration for new plant plant and animal species.
- Study traditional culture,custom and system of living of local Rawang,Lisu and Myanmar-Tibet ethnic nationals.